“A getaway awaits on your palette, at the end of your paintbrush, and on the blank canvas before you.”
Sunday 23 October 2022
As part of Fall into the Arts at the Hew & Draw hotel in Corner Brook, this 2.5-hour painting workshop will walk participants through painting their own forestscape using oil paint on canvas. Participants are encouraged to draw inspiration from the forests they frequent, while also following the instructor’s lead and painting along with her selection. Workshop instructor and artist, Jenn Thornhill Verma, will guide participants through creating their own original painting on canvas, working through the stages of selecting subject matter, sketching, underpainting, palette-mixing and painting.
- Registration required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org | please register at your earliest convenience as space is limited
- $70 per person (cash or e-transfer only)
- All painting materials provided
- No experience required (but welcome!)
- Wear something you don’t mind getting paint on (it happens!)
Date & time: Sunday, 23 October 2022 | 6 pm
Location: Hew & Draw hotel in Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador
- About the instructor
- Examples of Jenn’s work
- Jenn’s exhibit at Point Amour
- Jenn’s free Newfoundland and Labrador landscapes colouring book and her new Point Amour lightscapes colouring book (these can serve as prompts for participants’ painting)
- And finally, check out some brilliant examples of paintings from students (also here) who previously took Jenn’s 2021 and 2022 Cabox Art and Adventure Festival painting workshops. See the student works from the June 2022 Point Amour workshop too.
Fall 2022 – Coming soon
Stay tuned for more workshops or contact Jenn to organize one!